Extra Steps Cleaning & Prep
In the wake of COVID-19, these extra measures are now required to clean and prepare the property before your arrival, so you can enjoy your vacation in comfort and with confidence.
Guidelines for professional cleaning team members:
- Use a disinfectant cleaner to clean light switches, lamp switches, cupboard handles, doorknobs, lock boxes, keys and key tags, banisters, remotes, touch pads and thermostats — all areas guests have likely touched. Note that disinfectant spray must remain on each surface for several minutes before wiping the surface.
- Here is the EPA’s recommended list of disinfectants for use against the coronavirus.
- Sanitize/disinfect high-traffic areas like bathroom toilets, sinks and waste baskets. The two areas needing the most extra attention are the kitchen and bathrooms, so extra care needs to be taken when cleaning those high-traffic areas
- Wipe down all appliances and electronics. Use disposable gloves and paper towels while cleaning vs. rags and cloths
- Ensure all items used to clean the home are also clean and in working order
Based on best practices from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health authorities, subject to change.